A Warm Welcome
The College employs a wide range of teaching and learning activities to engage learners including: lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, case studies, poster presentations, employability masterclasses and visits to local employers.
Students are encouraged to play an active role in their learning. Personal tutors help to guide and support students over the course of their learning journey. Additional support including: IT, English language, business English, numeracy and employability skills training is also offered as well as pastoral support and an emphasis on wellbeing,
We aim to offer an outstanding learning experience by:
- Encouraging students to learn effectively through high quality tuition and comprehensive course materials
- Providing a well-resourced college environment to encourage learning
- Providing support and guidance to students in their academic, personal and career development
- Recruiting highly qualified and well-trained teaching staff and providing them with regular opportunities for continuing professional development
- Promoting an inclusive culture that values every member of the college
- Focusing on the educational needs of individual students as well as the student body as a whole
- Providing a high level of quality assurance, monitoring and review as well as regular updates of our policies and processes
- Ensuring that we meet all regulatory standards from government, professional and awarding bodies
- Seeking to achieve excellence in terms of all aspects of our provision
- Being always open to new learning opportunities and technologies
We welcome learners from across the UK and the EU and are especially proud of our links to our local community. Our diverse student population includes: mature learners, carers, school leavers, ex-service men and women, members of under-represented groups and those with disabilities. Over 40% of our students are women and we are delighted that over 95% of our students report satisfaction with the quality of their learning experience at Brit College.
Brit College has been honoured to receive two national awards for the high level of support it offers to students and for its student-staff collaboration:
- Award for Outstanding Support for the Student Learning Experience, sponsored by the Student Services Organisation, AMOSSHE, (Association of Managers of Student Services in Higher Education) - this award acknowledged our ongoing and new student support systems
- Award for Excellence in Student Collaborations, sponsored by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) - this award celebrated partnership and collaboration amongst students and staff at the College
Awarded November 2018 at the national Independent Higher Education (IHE) Conference, central London.