Brit College is a well-established, and award-winning, independent higher education provider located just a stone’s throw from the Canary Wharf Business district in East London. We are keen to reach out to all learners, especially mature ones who may have missed out on higher education opportunities.
The College believes that education is the way to tackle social and economic inequality and it has always been at the forefront of overcoming barriers to education and exclusion.
Brit College currently offers a Level 5 BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business (Pearson) and Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (City and Guilds) with Learning and Development.
Brit College is located within inner city areas and at the heart of local communities.
Our programmes meet the needs of these, and other, communities within the surrounding communities.
On completing your studies, you will be equipped with a higher education or a degree that can widen your career prospects and job opportunities and which may help you to either secure employment or acquire the promotion or new career that you have been waiting for.
On completing your studies with us, you will have acquired skills that could help you establish your own business as well as leadership and personal skills that can enhance your status in society. This embodies the employability theme that supports our choice of courses.
We have also established an Employability Forum that links local employers to the College enabling them to deliver talks and master classes and play a role in designing courses that meet the employment needs of local communities.
Everything we do at Brit College is driven by our desire to reach out to the harder to reach sections of society, who may have missed opportunities for degree level qualifications, and our widening participation strategy that brings together people of diverse backgrounds, abilities and cultures to work and learn together.
Your student experience will therefore be enhanced in ways that exceed your expectations. We are happy to invite you to join us and help enrich the experience of all students and staff as well as your own.
Teaching at Brit College is tailored to the needs of individual students. We welcome individuals who can learn and shine as part of a vibrant community and shine as individuals. This is the student engagement approach that places all our students at the centre of all our efforts.
The community at Brit College is continuously seeking new ways of improving the student learning experience, driven by our enhancement strategy.
Our Services and Awards
The College employs a wide range of teaching and learning activities to engage learners including: lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, case studies, poster presentations, employability masterclasses and visits to local employers.
Students are encouraged to play an active role in their learning. Personal tutors help to guide and support students over the course of their learning journey. Additional support including: IT, English language, business English, numeracy and employability skills training is also offered as well as pastoral support and an emphasis on wellbeing,
We aim to offer an outstanding learning experience by:
- Encouraging students to learn effectively through high quality tuition and comprehensive course materials
- Providing a well-resourced college environment to encourage learning
- Providing support and guidance to students in their academic, personal and career development
- Recruiting highly qualified and well-trained teaching staff and providing them with regular opportunities for continuing professional development
- Promoting an inclusive culture that values every member of the college
- Focusing on the educational needs of individual students as well as the student body as a whole
- Providing a high level of quality assurance, monitoring and review as well as regular updates of our policies and processes
- Ensuring that we meet all regulatory standards from government, professional and awarding bodies
- Seeking to achieve excellence in terms of all aspects of our provision
- Being always open to new learning opportunities and technologies
We welcome learners from across the UK and the EU and are especially proud of our links to our local community. Our diverse student population includes: mature learners, carers, school leavers, ex-service men and women, members of under-represented groups and those with disabilities. Over 40% of our students are women and we are delighted that over 95% of our students report satisfaction with the quality of their learning experience at Brit College.
Brit College has been honoured to receive several prestigious national awards; QAA, AMOSSHE and Pearson.
Two of the national awards for the high level of support it offers to students and for its student-staff collaboration:
- Award for Outstanding Support for the Student Learning Experience, sponsored by the Student Services Organisation, AMOSSHE, (Association of Managers of Student Services in Higher Education) - this award acknowledged our ongoing and new student support systems
- Award for Excellence in Student Collaborations, sponsored by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) - this award celebrated partnership and collaboration amongst students and staff at the College. Awarded November 2018 at the national Independent Higher Education (IHE) Conference, Central London.
Brit College has received BTEC Bronze Awards 2019 from Pearson for best students and teachers of the year.
BRIT COLLEGE IS NOW OFFICE FOR STUDENTS REGISTERED!
The Office for Students (OfS), the new independent regulator for higher education in England, came into force in 2018.
All higher education institutions (HEIs) in England can apply to become a registered provider with OfS.
Being registered means a higher education provider has demonstrated to the OfS that it:
- provides well-designed courses that deliver a high-quality academic experience for all students
- ensures students’ outcomes are valued by employers or enable further study
- awards qualifications that hold their value over time, in line with recognised standards.
- pays regard to guidance about how to comply with consumer protection law.
- has a published student protection plan setting out the risks of course, campus or provider closure and how it will protect students’ interests in such an event.
- has the financial resources to provide and deliver the courses advertised
- has the management and governance arrangements necessary to provide and deliver the courses advertised.
We are delighted to announce that Brit College's application for registration with the OfS has now been approved. This is excellent news as it means we meet the OfS requirements for course quality, academic standards, student support, student protection and more. Registration also ensures that our students can continue to apply for Student Loans for their studies and it is a testimony to the hard work of all staff involved in the lengthy application and registration process. Congratulations everyone!
For more information see www.officeforstudents.org.uk/the-register
QAA HIGHER EDUCATION REVIEW 2016
Brit College underwent a Higher Education Review by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) in 2016 and its final report,is available in full at: http://www.qaa.ac.uk/reviews-and-reports/provider?UKPRN=10028216
The College received the following judgements from QAA:
* The maintenance of the academic standards of awards offered on behalf of its awarding organisation meets UK expectations.
* The quality of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
* The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
* The enhancement of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
Our original 2016 Action Plan, updated annually and most recently in December 2018, is available here.
QAA MONITORING REPORTS
QAA MONITORING VISIT 2017
BRIT College received a commendable outcome from the monitoring visit in 2017. It submitted an annual return in December 2017 that demonstrates that it is continuing to maintain academic standards and enhance the quality of student learning opportunities and information about learning opportunities. The report is available here.
Because of the ‘commendable’ finding Brit College had no QAA Annual Monitoring visit in 2018.
QAA MONITORING VISIT 2019
A monitoring visit took place at the end of February 2019 and the final report is available in full at https://www.qaa.ac.uk/reviewing-higher-education/quality-assurance-reports/BRIT-College-Ltd#