Brit College currently offers the following full time, classroom-based programme:
- Two-year BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business (RQF) Levels 5, awarded by Pearson
Funding is available for this programme from the Student Loans Company for UK home students.
Brit College is registered with the Office for Students and has undergone Higher Education Review and Annual Monitoring with the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). Brit College is also registered with Student Finance England and has a specific course designation for the HND Business programme.
Brit College has a strong commitment to widening access and participation. We normally offer flexible study options with a choice of daytime, evening and weekend classes to suit students who may also be carers, or have school-age children or be in employment. PLEASE NOTE: WE CURRENTLY RUN TWO-DAY CLASSES AT OUR MAIN CAMPUS IN LIMEHOUSE DURING THE WEEK UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Don't hesitate to get in touch with the College to find out which days are available
Teaching is face-to-face combined with online learning resources available via our Moodle Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Classes are usually held in one of our modern and well-equipped campuses at Limehouse.
Brit College has now resumed campus-based teaching. However, if any changes arise from Government advice on COVID 19, classes may convert to online. We are currently taking admissions to the above programme for a January 2022 start. Please apply online or contact us
Thank you for choosing Brit College! We aim to make our application process as quick and easy to use as possible.
We are currently taking admissions to the two-year Pearson Level 5 HND in Business for a January 2022 start. Please apply online or contact us
Please note that we have resumed campus-based teaching. However, if any changes arise from Government advice on COVID 19, classes may convert to online.
Awarding Organisation: Pearson
Pearson is a multinational education and examination body. Pearson is the UK's largest awarding organisation offering academic, vocational and work-based learning qualifications, including BTEC, Edexcel and LCCI. Its qualifications, examinations and assessments are regulated by The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The HND offered by Brit College is an award credited within the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Course Level: 5
This qualification is a 2-year course designed to enable individuals to acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary for success in a range of administrative and management positions in business.
BTEC HNDs have long been recognised and respected by employers and higher education institutions around the world. In developing this qualification, Edexcel has consulted with relevant Professional Bodies and considered the relevant National Occupational Standards for Business, Administration and Management.
The course is regarded as an intermediate level qualification on the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications (FHEQ) and covers years 1 & 2 of a typical UK undergraduate degree. It is delivered through a flexible modular structure, enabling you to study at your own pace.
Applicants must be: Be aged 18 or over
Students will do much better in all their assessments if they have GCSE English and Maths. Previous experience in the industry will help applicants gain a more comprehensive understanding of the concepts presented on the course.
Applicants who have recently been in education are likely to need:
- a BTEC Level 3 qualification in the relevant area of study, for example, Business, Hospitality Management, and Leadership and Management
- a GCE, Advanced Level profile, demonstrating strong performance in management and business associated subject, for example, Business Studies, Hospitality Management, and Leadership and Management or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject, supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent) and 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English and other related Level 3 qualifications
- an Access to Higher Education Diploma from an approved further education institution
- management associated work experience of at least two years: Manager, Senior Manager, Team Leader business owner or those working for organisations where they are due for promotion to a senior position or their promotion is dependent on their successful completion of the course
- an international equivalent to the above qualifications will be considered, based on an appropriate translation of the certificates obtained and confirmation of their local equivalence by UK Naric
RECOGNITION OF THE PRIOR LEARNING
The Recognition of the Prior Learning process means that the admissions team may take into account previous learning and experience of the applicant. The applicant may receive an award of specific qualifications or units based on their prior learning or experience.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE COMPETENCY
Applicants applying for all our qualifications, which are taught and assessed entirely in English, need a certain level of English language skills.
Non-native English speakers and who have not carried out their final two years of schooling in English should demonstrate ability at a standard equivalent to:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- PTE Academic 51, or
- IELTS 5.5 (reading and writing must be at 5.5
The level of English will be assessed as part of the selection process using a written statement and an interview.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
The application process allows the admissions team to select applicants meeting the above entry qualifications and demonstrating English Language competency. The admissions team will consider applications on a case-by-case basis.
The applicant should submit an online application form, fill in all the fields, and upload the required documents. The registrar will invite the applicant for an informal interview and a discussion of the rest of the admissions process within one day
Applicants will proceed to the full Interview only after submitting a written 500+/-10% word statement meeting the following basic requirements:
- Applicants should submit their written statements no more than one working day after the initial Interview. Ideally, the formal Interview will follow the submission of the statement subject to time constraints
- The statement must be in the applicant's own words.
- All statements must be typed using Microsoft Word and must not contain any pictures or any comments copied from other sources
Please contact us for full details of the requirements and guidelines on the preparation of the statement
Academic staff will mark the statements on the day or within one working day of their submission.
Prospective students who succeed at the Interview receive conditional offers of places no more than 24 hours after the Interview and should confirm their acceptance within seven days
Applicants will be informed of any significant changes to the course that occur during the application process.
Enrolment and Induction
Once tuition fees are approved/paid, student enrollment onto the course and induction occur before students begin their studies.
Candidates must have basic IT knowledge (Microsoft Office, Internet and email)
The course is made up of 15 units overall, with 8 studied in year 1 and 7 in year 2. It has a credit value of 240 credits in the FHEQ, with 125 credits being at level 5 or above. The course will involve two days per week of college-based study, and you will also be expected to study on your own for at least 5 hours per module per week.
ASSESSMENT METHOD: The course is 100% assignment based, and the course team designs the coursework.
Progression and Career Prospects:
Candidates who complete the qualification can go on to the second or third year of a degree or honours degree programme, depending on the type of degree you wish to progress to and how well the units you have taken match the degree programme in question.
Alternatively, you will also be able to seek progression to Level 6 qualifications offered by various professional bodies in the business sector.
The course also prepares you for entering work in the business field, especially in management and administrative roles
£6,165 per academic year