Brit College is required to make an annual transparency data return to the Office for Students, the independent regulator of higher education in England. This return includes information on:
- The number of applications for admission on to recognised higher education courses that we have received from UK domiciled applicants.
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications.
- The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us.
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
The return also includes a breakdown of applications/admissions by:
- Socioeconomic background
Brit College adopts an active approach to widening participation in, and access to higher education. In particular we seek to recruit eligible students from the local community and provide flexible study options and support to enable them to succeed. We typically recruit male and female BAME and mature students. The tables below provide a breakdown of applications and admissions for the 2018-19 HND programme.
In common with other higher education institutions, Brit College typically receives more applications than it has available places for. Offer rates are therefore lower than application rates.
Table 1a: Summary of applications, offers, acceptances and registrations for 2018-19 entrants
Table 2a: Percentage of first degrees at grade 2:1 or above by characteristic for 2017-18 qualifiers
* The data relates to students studying on the level HND programme and is therefore not relevant to level 6/Degree outcomes.